Tuesday, May 3, 2011

painting

Haven't really painted anything since I was in high school.  Whew... almost ten years! Yikes!

My hubz and I go yard sale-ing almost every weekend just for something fun to do.  One weekend as we pulled up we saw a nice art set with paints, oil pastels, pencils etc. in a wooden carrying case.  The Hubz went out to negotiate a deal for me and it wasn't even necessary.  He scooped the whole thing up for $2.  He was thrilled when he came back to the car and told me how much he got it for, exclaiming, "the case alone is worth more than that."

I went to Michael's looking for a few brushes and a cute little canvas for my first painting.  Then I got to work.  This was the finished product and it isn't awesome, but it isn't terrible!! Just a fun little something to brighten up my kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment