Monday, May 2, 2011

Homemade Bread

A few days ago I decided to make some homemade bread with the help of my new birthday kitchen aide, another one of my "FAVORITE THINGS".  I made two loaves and they were good but a little yeasty and doughy.  Next time I will try letting them rise right in the pan since they are quick rise.  I think after punching them down and transfering them the dough became too dense. 
We ate them with my favorite homemade chicken chilli.  Because it is stew like it was a perfect fit for our dense bread!  I will leave my chicken chilli recipe down below.




Chicken Chilli:

One Red Pepper chopped
One Orange Pepper chopped
One can of Yellow Whole Kernel Corn
Two-Three Chicken Breasts cooked and cubed
two cans rinsed and drained great northern beans
one can rinsed and drained pinto beans
one can campbells cream of chicken (or chicken broth for lighter soupier taste)
one can water (in empty cream of chicken can)
one McCormick white chilli seasoning packet.

after chopping peppers and cooking and chopping chicken, throw all this stuff in a crock pot and let loose on low for the day or high for a few hours.

Eat with homemade BREAD!!!! YUM!!!  MY FAVORITE THINGS!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment